The Frank Melville Memorial Park was given by Mrs. Frank Melville Jr. as a memorial to her husband. It was built by her son, Ward Melville, and dedicated in 1937. Within the park are five structures, including a Greek revival post office, a simulated grist mill, the cottage of the last working miller, an early 20th century barn, and a meeting house, now called the Bates House. It is set amid an impressive collection of 17th, 18th, and 19th century homes near the Setauket Village Green and the Caroline and Presbyterian churches. The park and its buildings are included on the National Register of Historic Places.
The park was designed using existing ponds surrounded by native species of plants and trees. It covers 26 acres, including an estuary and natural woodland with more than 200 varieties of plants and trees. Winding paths extend from the northern end of the park along Conscience Bay and upland to the road that borders the Caroline Church.