In 1937, the Frank Melville Memorial Park opened in Setauket as a memorial to Frank Melville Jr. It was conceived, planned and built by his wife, Jennie MacConnell Melville and his son, Ward Melville. Located at the northern end of the two ponds in Setauket, the park of twenty-four acres includes a circular walkway around the upper pond, the home of the last miller in Setauket, a simulated mill house with a working water wheel, the recently restored Setauket Post Office, a barn, scenic trails, and the Bates House, a facility available for private functions.
The park is owned and administered by the Frank Melville Memorial Foundation. It is a 501(c)3 corporation, registered New York State. The park is open everyday from sunrise to sunset.